Entries for The First Annual IoT Social Impact Award Are Open
The first ever annual IoT Social Impact Award is officially open and we’re proud to share the news with the world! floLIVE is pleased to be a part of this amazing initiative alongside Quectel and The IoT M2M Council (IMC). IoT is at the heart of our vision to improve the world through smart applications of technology in every industry possible. The IoT Social Impact Award is all about recognizing innovators charging ahead to realise and share the benefits of a connected world.
About The First Annual IoT Social Impact Award
What must you know? Here are 10 questions and answers about the Award. They cover everything from why you should participate and who can enter, to when our shortlist will be created, and what you could win as the first ever Award recipient.
Why Should you enter to win the award?
The First Annual IoT Social Impact Award was created to recognize brilliance in the IoT world. Winning gives you the opportunity to:
- Showcase your talent – Share your talent and amazing IoT project that has the potential to change the world for the better.
- Get exposure – You could win exposure and access to a broader market of potential investors and partners to help you realize your project’s success.
- Win amazing prizes – As the winner, you get exclusive access to solutions that can accelerate your project’s adoption and turn it into a real-world solution with tangible social impact.
When do entries start?
Entries for the Award officially opened on October 1st, 2021.
What is the entry fee?
Entries are free. To submit yours, visit the Award website.
Who can enter?
Anyone. We recognize the best ideas don’t keep offices or office hours. We know that social impact is all about answering tough questions and finding answers that transform the ways that people live their lives for the better. And so anyone can submit an entry to showcase how they will use IoT to improve the world.
From developers and one-man shops, to startups, enterprises, and everyone in between, if you’ve got a great idea, we want to hear from you!
How do I enter?
Vist the Award website and complete our entry form. We’ll need basic contact information and a short summary and an overview of your project. If you’d like to submit a video (optional) for your entry, we’ve included a field for that and look forward to seeing yours.
What is the closing date for entries?
Entries officially close on November 26th, 2021. All entries will be collected and submitted to our panel of judges for review. Judges will be concluded on December 20th, 2021 and all successful projects will be added to the shortlist.
When will the shortlist be announced?
The shortlist will be announced on January 6th, 2021. All entrants will be contacted via email and Awarded prizes for successfully making the shortlist.
What will shortlisted projects receive?
Shortlisted projects receive two prizes. The first is a free floLIVE kit with 10 floLIVE SIM cards with 10GB for a year to help build your POC project.
The second prize is a Free Quectel Smart EVB kit to build your POC project. The kit can be used to test basic functions on Smart modules. It includes:
- Two (U)SIM interfaces
- Two UART interfaces
- Multiple audio interface
- USB interface
- Keypads and LED indicator lights
- USB to UART converter cable X 1
- USB cable X 1
- RF cable X 3
- Main antenna X 2
- WiFi antenna X 1
- GNSS antenna (passive) X 1
- Earphone X 1
- USB 2.0 to RS232 driver and USB driver disk X 1
- Li-polymer battery X 1
- Bolts and nuts for fixing EVB X 1
Download Quectel’s Smart EVB kit spec sheet for details.
Who are the judges?
We’re proud to introduce our panel of eight judges from across the globe. Each judge has real-world IoT experience and together they bring decades of experience. Our panel will apply their knowledge and expertise to find the most impactful projects to make our shortlist and, ultimately, select our first ever Award recipient.
Our judging panel includes:
- Tom Rebbeck, a Partner at Analysys Mason
- Anne Hoyer, a Strategic Advisor in digital innovation
- Alexander Bufalino, the Vice President of Marketing at Quectel Wireless Solutions
- Robin Duke Woolley, the CEO of Beecham Research
- Dan Shey, the Vice President of Enabling Platforms at ABI Research
- Tracy Hopkins, Global IoT Evangelist and Executive Business Consultant
- Rony Cohen, the Co-Founder and Head of Business Development at floLIVE
- Keith Kreisher, the Executive Director of The IoT M2M Council (IMC)
When will the winner be announced?
The 2021 Social Impact Award winner will be announced on March 1st, 2022. Winners will be contacted directly.
What will the winner receive?
The winner will receive three prizes:
- 500 SIM cards with 500GB for a year from floLIVE.
- A one-year free subscription to floNET, floLIVE’s state-of-the-art IoT connectivity platform to launch your project.
- Full coverage across the IMC’s marketing platforms that reaches over 53,000 IoT professionals.
Submit You Social Impact IoT Project or Idea
Stand a chance to win the title of 2021 loT Social Impact Award recipient, the recognition, amazing prizes, and make an impact on the world.